This week’s Friday Five features AfterShokz headphones in an effort to promote #AwareWithPink for Breast Cancer Awareness Month (which, in case you live under a rock, is the month of October).
1. Tunes that inspire! As you know, I mostly listen to audiobooks during my sweat sessions (if you didn’t know, you can read about my obsession here). I also love old-school tunes such as Free Falling, Baby Got Back, and Bitch (I know, not appropriate, but the tempo is great and it’s fun to sing!) I would love to try AfterShokz new PINK headphones for a coupole of reasons: 1) they are PINK! 2) 25% of each purchase goes to Bright Pink – a non profit that focuses on breast and ovarian cancer awareness and education, and 3) They are safer than my current headphones, which pretty much block out my surroundings (PS: I run with only one earbud in so that I can still hear)
2. Give back!? I am hyper aware during October about Breast Cancer, but I need to do a better job throughout the year of educating and supporting #BCA. One of the things that I really like to do is research which companies donate 100% of proceeds from a purchase to an organization for cancer treatment, education, or research. I love that commitment and always try to purchase from that company. A few examples are: This super cute bra from Aerie, or this Key to the Cure Tee by Christian Louboutin, eos body lotion in Berry Blossom.
3. Be a self care advocate: It’s no secret that I am a fitness fanatic. If I can’t get a good workout in each day, I at least try and get a long walk in either by myself or with my kiddos. I lead by example in my household, always reaching for a healthy snack first (popcorn is a whole grain, right?!) Just kidding, my kids know that we expect them to eat fruit and veggies at every meal and we do the same.
4. Inspiring threads! While these aren’t exactly inspiring, they are still my favorites of the moment: Of course, I love my Sweat Pink tank and lately, due to the morning chill, I also love my Brooks compression capris. They fall just below my knee, so they are perfect transition-wear for fall to winter. I’m also a stickler about my SparklySoul headbands. Seriously, if you have not tried them yet, you are missing out! I am ordering the reflector one in light of my recent running in the dark (find out about my skunk encounters here) and I might or might not own Every. Single. Pink. one they make.
5. People who inspire! Nothing inspires me more than my little girls (who aren’t so little anymore — insert sobbing face here). I want to lead by example by leading a healthy lifestyle so that they can have long, happy, healthy lives as well.
Do you do anything special to raise awareness during BCA? Or for any other cause?
Until Next Time,
Disclaimer: This post was sponsored by AfterShokz in an effort to spread awareness about their new Pink Trekz headphones, in partnership with Bright Pink to support and spread awareness around breast cancer awareness. All opinions and words are my own and the links that are included in the post are NOT affiliate links, but link to the products for your convenience. I truly appreciate all of the brands that support the Sweat Pink community.