As the new year approached, I noticed all the campaigns for 30 day challenges. Whether those be for organization, nutrition, fitness, or fashion – you could find one (or more) challenges to help you stay focused on your goals through January 2015. I signed up for a couple (okay, maybe 4) of the fitness related ones and though I am not active in all of them, I do think they have made my January more productive. I also have been stockpiling the daily or weekly tasks to use later in the year when 1) I’m not overwhelmed with workouts and 2) when my resolutions are waning. Below are the four 30-day fitness related challenges that I signed up for plus one more that would be worthwhile.
1. #100JanuaryMiles with Greater Fitness – The goal here is pretty clear: run/bike/elliptical your way to 100 miles in January. One of my resolutions is to run 1,000 miles this year, so I thought this would be a great way to kick that off and I was right. It is amazing how something so simple as checking in on Facebook with my daily miles is so motivating. I find myself even wanting to do a few miles on my rest day – just for the sake of posting! Plus, did I mention that there is a prize drawing at the end if you meet the 100 mile goal?!
2. 30 Days of Yoga with Adriene – I signed up for this one after seeing it on Jill Conyer’s blog. I held strong for about 4 days and then my participation has been sketchy ever since. It isn’t that it is not enjoyable and I don’t want to use the excuse that “I don’t have time” but I haven’t done a great job of making time. The good news is that she allows you to download all the videos (and has them all up on her YouTube Channel) to do at a later date. I plan to continue to tune in when I can and to not feel guilty about missing a day…or three.
3. Pop Sugar Fitness – Get Fit 2015 – This is a great challenge if you are one to get bored with a workout routine. They change it up daily from cardio to strength to yoga. You don’t have to have much if any equipment and most workouts can be done in your own home. The good news about this is that it is online and archived so you can start at any time. I’ve also been pinning several of the daily workouts to come back and do later.
4. Blogilates 30 Day Ab Challenge – This challenge, by Cassey Ho, is all about Abs. It’s also very easy to follow. It basically is 5 moves and you work up doing more and more reps each week. There is a printable calendar so this would be very easy to archive and do later, though it honestly takes only minutes each day.
5. Livestrong: Start 2015 Strong Challenge – I am not as familiar with this one as I did not complete the registration process. I just knew that I wouldn’t follow through and couldn’t bear the thought of the daily reminder emails coming in! This is a weight loss challenge that incorporates both fitness and nutrition and it looks as if it is tailored to you (weight, height, gender). Trainer, Nicky Holender is the feature trainer for the challenge. Again, I assume this will be available to sign up for at a later date – maybe March when most people have long forgotten their New Year’s Resolutions.
Are you doing any 30 day challenges to kick off 2015? I’d love to hear about it!
Until Next Time,