I’ll be the first to admit that I don’t wake up every single morning super excited to workout. However, I get up and do it anyway (most days) because of self-created motivation. Sometimes you have to fake it until you really feel motivated. It’s tricky, but it works. I call it faux-tivation. Actually, I just made that up this instant, but I kind of like it!
Here are my Fast Five Motivation Secrets
1. Plan your workout the night before (I like to check the weather to determine if I’ll be heading outside for a run or if I need to have a plan B). If the plan is to do a workout DVD or YouTube video, cue it up the night before, so all you have to do is turn on the device and hit play.
2. Lay out your workout clothes the night before (some people even sleep in them so they can get up and be ready to go immediately).
3. When your alarm goes off – don’t think — just get up and get your workout clothes on. Sometimes, I’m not truly awake until I step outside and by that time, it’s too late to go back to sleep.
4. Practice the 10 minute rule. Even 10 minutes is better than zero minutes, so tell yourself that you only have to workout for 10 minutes and then if you truly are not motivated, you can stop (I have yet to stop after 10 minutes).
5. Visualize the after. For those of you that workout in the morning, you know what I’m talking about when I refer to the “it’s done” feeling. Imagine what you will accomplish before most people even get out of bed!
What are some of your motivation tips? I’d love to hear about them in the comments below.
Until Next Time,