I came across this idea from a blog I follow called My Healthyish Life and thought it was so good that I had to
steel borrow it for my blog! So get ready to find out some interesting things about me that I’m sure you’ve been wondering about!
1. What is your current health related goal?
As I’ve mentioned in previous posts, my goal is to run outside throughout the winter. I got a new pair of Saucony Wind Shield pants that are sure to make that goal more possible. I ran for the first time in 5 inches of snow and managed to get in 4 miles!
2. Do you enjoy wrapping presents?
Not really. First of all, I am not good at it. I always either cut too much paper or not enough and it never lays flat. It also seems as if it’s never ending. If we go to my parents’ house, my dad asks me to wrap the gifts he purchased for my mom. If we go to my father-in-law’s house, he asks me to wrap the gifts he purchased…
3. What’s your favorite cross training activity?
I like to lift weights, play volleyball on a women’s league, sculpt yoga, rowing, and any of the videos on PopSugar Fitness.
4. If I came to visit you, what would we do?
We would take a walk and go shopping at our niche retail shops in town. We’d also go to coffee at the little cafe downtown.
5. You have 2 weeks off of work and 2 round trip plane tickets. Where would you go and who would you take?
I’d love to go to Australia. My grandmother was from there and I still have relatives there that I’d like to visit. I would, of course, take my husband (I have to tell you that I’d probably purchase two additional tickets so my girls could come along – two weeks is too long to go without them!)
6. What’s the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you during a workout?
Once I was running on the treadmill at the local YMCA and I was watching Saturday Night Live (the old ones, with Chris Farley and the gang). It was the one with Chris Farley and Patrick Swayze when they are Chippendale dancers. I burst out laughing and everyone just stared at me. By the end of my run, every single TV was tuned to Saturday Night Live.
7. Tell me the best 3 days of your life. Or at least the first 3 that pop into your mind.
In no particular order:
1. The day that I married my best friend
2. The birth of my first daughter
3. The birth of my second daughter
8. Okay, you HAVE to eat a fast food meal. What restaurant would you choose and what would you order.
Runza. I’d order a traditional Runza with the crinkle fries AND dip them in Ranch dressing. Yep, I’d go for it! Oh, and if you’re not familiar with Runza, you should google it. It is a Nebraska based fast food restaurant and. It. Is. Awesome.
9. Have you ever met a celebrity?
10. Share a picture of yourself in non workout clothes.
11. If you could choose to have a ‘do-over’ and switch careers, what would you do and why?
I’d be a dietitian or something with fitness
12. If you won the Olympic Gold medal how do you think you would react?
Goosebumps for sure, then probably some happy tears, lots of hugs and high fives and of course cake.
13. What do you want for
Christmas your birthday?
Considering Christmas has passed and my birthday is in January, I would like a new pair of skinny jeans (I found a pair of Big Stars on clearance downtown and I. Want. Them.)
*update: I now own those jeans! I happened to win a gift card recently and decided to treat myself!
14. What skill do you lack?
I can’t carry a tune. I love to sing, but I seriously only sound good in the shower or while driving….fast…. with the windows down
15. Post a fitness/running/race related photo
Please join in on the fun and answer some of these random questions – either on your blog or in the comments below!